Today, I ran into a bit of a snag as I was trying to sort out the pickguard and control plate repositioning on #2. . the holes on the SX control plate are smaller than the shaft diameter of my new pots, so I decided to drill out the pot holes to 3/8" to accommodate regular large pots.
I was merrily aligning my pickguard over the recently dowled original holes when I ran into another problem.
Just before I drilled the new holes for the control plate screws, I
thought to try the new pots and see if everything fits in the cavity . .
. and it didn't. The tone pot was contacting the edge of the control
cavity, and if I removed that pot, the input jack was contacting the
cavity wall as well. . . so, I had to get serious and pull out the router.
The same was happening on the yellow SX I had bought for myself, so I had to remedy that as well in similar fashion.
And, finally, the controls are fitted.
Finally, I can start to think about fret leveling. . . I started taking
measurements to straighten out the neck as best I could reading first
the fretboard and then the top of the frets to try and figure out the
best way to level this thing while maintaining a "straight-as-possible"
neck and removing the least amount of material.