(Part 4) Basses for Newbies Bass 1-3

I managed to make a little bit of progress today. . . finished the shielding on #2. This one's going to be the first out the gate.  I am waiting for strings and electronics parts to come in the mail. I ordered some Dunlops in stainless steel as a good quality, low cost string for general duty.






Next, I install the electronics on #2. I used Seymour Duncan's nice push/pull series parallel wiring diagram ( http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...c=jass_bass_sp ) but star grounded everything to the output jack's ground lug. These are Bourns pots and Sprague 715p .047 cap. 22 gauge stranded silver plated teflon wire.


 Next, I filed the string channels in the string retainer to round over the edges so it won't break strings.


#2 is complete now with the exception of strings. I am now 1/3 done with this first batch of 3 basses!

No comments:

Post a Comment