Basses for Newbies - Bass #4 arrives

Santa, the guy that drives around in the brown truck came yesterday and dropped this off.






And, the official placard is affixed. That's my trademark by the way. . . blue painters tape with a hand-written sharpie number on it. Don't infringe or I'll sue you. . . just like Fender sues everyone 'cause headstocks are their copyrighted property.



This one feels incredible. . . and I've been feeling a lot of SX's lately. it weights in at 8.190 lbs. (for the record here, #1 weighs 10.010 lbs.). #4 is very resonant, comfortable, and the sound is killin'. I think anyways.

I've been actually having a lot of fun watching my friends argue about which one sounds better. I WILL get well recorded, clear, and fair sound clips of all the basses up so that you guys can argue as well, but this one was so fun I couldn't put it down right out of the box. . . crappy factory setup and all. I fear I may not accomplish anything today. I didn't really care that it had all kinds of gunk all over it.



I have a feeling this one is going to be really great. I'm debating whether to swap the neck or not. It's got a nice flame going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment